Brand Portfolio Analyst
We are currently looking for a Brand Portfolio Analyst to help optimize our Marketing, Research & Development, and Sales operations. This position will report to the Director, Brand Management to facilitate data-driven decisions for the Brand Management team, with the goal of driving revenue growth and profitability across the portfolio of LifeVantage products and global markets. You will work with all of the Brand Managers on the team and will also have partnerships with finance, operations, research and development, sales, and marketing, as well as international executives and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Transform data into actionable information and recommendations that can be used to drive decision making and inform strategic decisions and resource allocation.
- Manage standard weekly, monthly, and annual reporting and data analysis, highlighting sales patterns and trends across product categories and global markets. Monitor and analyze progress made by marketing programs.
- Conduct annual product lifecycle analysis / growth-share analysis (BCG Matrix or other scoring model).
- Oversee profit and expenses (P&L statements) for product portfolio and identify risks and opportunities.
- Provide insight into development of effective product promotions and analyze actual ROI of promotions through ad-hoc, post-mortem analyses.
- Analyze and forecast revenue changes in terms of product mix, volume, and average selling price.
- Partner with finance to develop pricing and forecasting targets and models.
- Develop monthly unit forecasts, goals, and minimums; taking into account seasonality and initiatives (promotions, customer retention, market launches, product launches, etc.), as well as optimal sell-through rates and break-even targets.
- Collaborate with reporting team to generate reports on an as-needed basis (using SQL , Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
- Actively participate in strategic decision-making discussions to help determine actions and priorities that will drive future growth and positively impact profitability.
- Provide other insights, analysis, and recommendations, as assigned.
- Educate members of Brand Team on core financial concepts, as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 2+ years’ experience in international Finance, Sales, or Marketing operations within consumer packaged goods/direct selling
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel & PowerPoint) and/or Google Sheets, Apple Keynote
- Experience using Power BI, Tableau, or SQL skills a plus
- MLM experience a plus
- Deep analytic and critical-thinking capabilities
- Must have proven ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Must be able to present financial concepts in simple terms to executives and audiences from a non-financial background
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to facilitate meetings, follow-up on action items, and drive results independently
- Highly resourceful and self-motivated, able to excel in relatively unstructured environment
- Naturally inquisitive with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility
- High attention to detail with a solutions-based mindset
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to relate well with people at all levels of a multi-national organization
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.